2017 Lifeguard Courses
By Communications Department
Would you like to belong to Aqualandia Benidorm’s team of lifeguards this summer?
CDT Benidorm has opened registration for the 2017 lifeguarding courses for water parks. Are you ready?
Like all years, we have organized the lifeguarding courses which are necessary in order to be part of the great team of lifeguards at one of Europe’s most important water parks. Organization has taken place in conjunction with the “Domingo Devesa” Training and Tourism Center of Benidorm.
► Course description:
Duration: 100 hours (March – May) with 3 different schedules to choose from, so you can pick the best option for you.
Aimed at: preferably people who are currently unemployed.
Those who wish to register for the course must pass two physical tests to be able to be accepted into the training program:
– Swimming: a speed/endurance test.
– Water rescue: technical strength/endurance test.
► Course schedules:
You will find 3 options:
– During the week from Monday to Friday in the afternoons.
– Friday, Saturday, Sunday: Friday afternoon, Saturday all day, and Sunday in the morning.
– Weekend: Saturday and Sunday all day.
Depending on the schedule you choose, you’ll be given a date for the physical tests (either Friday, March 3 in the afternoon or Saturday, March 4 in the morning).
► Course objectives:
– To understand the organizational scheme of a water park in detail.
– To manage with ease the basic techniques for action when faced with an emergency situation insofar as how said techniques are applied to a water park.
– To acquire basic knowledge on first aid and resuscitation for the aforementioned situations.
– To master the styles of swimming needed for assisting in the event of an emergency.
► Course contents:
– Water rescue module for water parks: 60 hours – Rescue Theory – Water Parks – Rescue Practice.
– First aid module: 40 hours (this part of the course is recognized as being official by the Valencian School for Health Studies, Record 3/13, recognition in accordance with an Order dated May 30, 2003 from the Department of Health, Official Journal of the Valencian Government, Issue No. 4529, dated June 24, 2003) – First Aid Theory – The Human Body – How to React – Maneuvers – First Aid Practice.
– You must be older than 16.
– Registration requests for the course should preferably be submitted online via the virtual registration office at www.cdt.gva.es. You must attach a copy of both sides of your identification card or authorization (don’t check the box on the form) and DARDE (employment request document). Remember that simply applying for registration for the course does not guarantee acceptance.
You could be one of those we select. Try your best, and we wish you luck!
– Aqualandia Benidorm – 96 586 01 00.
– “Domingo Devesa” Training and Tourism Center of Benidorm – 96 687 00 00.
In cooperation with:
– “Lope de Vega” International Private School of Benidorm.
– Vocational Training for Employment Center.
Free training is co-financed by the European Social Fund.